Being single can be quite a chaotic and confusing ride. There are just as many ups as there are downs. This roller coaster of emotions can sometimes leave us in confusion about our one word statues. A complexity exist with our constantly changing lifestyle, which has created many stages of being single.
First off, we have the rebound single girl. The girl who just got dumped and is single, and oh so ready to mingle. Next, we have the confused single girl. She’s the one basking in her singleness one moment, then crying herself to sleep the next. Then, there is the single and hating life period we all go through at one point. We are so over single life and all we want is someone to cuddle us throughout the night. Lastly, which is my personal favorite, is the single as f*ck stage. This girl has been single for so long that she doesn’t even know what it’s like to talk to a guy, let alone touch one. She’s not spending her nights swiping on stupid dating apps. This single girl loves adventuring life on her and doesn’t need prince charming to save her.
She is loving the single life, and honestly, why wouldn’t she be? She can do whatever she wants for herself, without worrying about anyone else. And if that alone doesn’t convince you, here’s 14 other reasons why single as f*ck is the best way to be.
1. It’s just her and herself. No one else’s emotions and needs to deal with. She can do whatever her little heart desires. Does this make her selfish? Maybe a little, but she just like her statues, she doesn’t give a f*ck.
2. She has more time and energy to invest on other relationships. Her family and friends come first. In no way does she feel lonely or unloved; she’s constantly surround by people who truly love her.
3. Traveling is on her agenda. She is free. Nothing and no one is holding her down and is able to fly away at any point.
4. No one even bothers to ask her about her relationship statues anymoe. They already know the answer.
5. Independent and strong are the two words to describe her best. She’s navigated it this far on her own and doesn’t need anyone to help her stand in this world.
6. She is able to focus on taking care of herself. She’s not eating healthy and going to the gym to impress someone else. Her basic needs come first, and she wouldn’t have it any other way.
7. Netflix and chilling by herself is a thing.
8. Due to her complete lack of a love life, she is no longer sitting around waiting for guys to message her back. She has better things to worry about.
9. Being single can help one’s bank account quite a lot. She is able to spend money on herself and doesn’t have to worry about spending money on silly things, such as anniversary gifts.
10. Cuddling is always fun, but a whole bottle of wine can also do the trick.
11. She’s not wasting time on tinder, bumble, and blind dates. She spends her time doing what she enjoys the most, even if that does include binge-watching Netflix.
12. No more tears spend over guys who are mean. It’s been so long, she can’t even remember what it was like having her heart broken.
13. More time to focus on herself and her future. She doesn’t have to take anyone else into consideration, so she can do what is best for her.
14. She is happy. Throughout the years, she has learned to not rely on others for her happiness. She is completely content being on her own. She is in love with her life and more importantly, herself.
So the next time you start to feel sorry for the girl who is as single as it gets, remember that she is probably more content with her own life than you are. Truthfully, she’s probably the one who feels sorry for you.
In the words of the great Asher Roth, “Single doesn’t mean I’m lookin for somebody.”